Pages

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

11/25

So I was talking to Victoria a while ago, for the first time in way too long, and she said that it doesn't matter if I can't figure out what I want, because I'm either going to continue doing what I'm doing, or something is going to snap, and then I'll know.

Funnily enough, the title of this post doesn't refer to the date of Thanksgiving this year. IT WAS MY MIDTERM GRADE OMG PATHETIC.

And funnily enough, that 11/25 didn't sent me running from computer science, because I went to lab the next morning wearing this, knowing full well that I was about to be handed back the lowest exam score I have ever received in my life, after which I went back to my apartment to read about asymptotic analysis and hash tables.

(For the record, the class average was ~50%, so it wasn't that awful, but I mean, don't try to convince me that an F feels good.)

I could say that this skirt is a metaphor for how many points I earned on the midterm, what with it being the shortest skirt I have ever worn without tights, but the truth is, it was just really hot that day and I like the ratty lacy hem.

Above, Cal t-shirt: Cal Student Store. Corduroy skirt: American Eagle, secondhand, gift. Boots: Steven by Steve Madden.

To be honest, I'm not sure where exactly the tipping point was, but, well - about a week after that 11/25, something snapped. It was like... one day I woke up and everyone else shut up and the only voice I heard was my own. It said "Stop eating cookies they will go straight to your hips! Also, stop pretending to be a computer science student or your life will continue to be graygraygray."

So for once, I took heed.

No comments:

Post a Comment