Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Heart Broken

I've been sitting on this secret for a week now (which is why I've been slow on the posting and eating so much ice cream) but I just want to be the first to tell you guys that our company lost the license for Betsey Johnson. You may know that Betsey Johnson was having some financial issues and that Steve Madden got involved in the company to help out... I won't get into it but if you want to know more, go herehere or here or google it.

Steve's very capable company will be taking over the design and production for Betsey which means I am out of a job. A very amazing job that I feel very fortunate to have had.

Working with Betsey has been one of the best experiences of my career so far and I am so honored to have been her shoe designer. I think Betsey and I were a match made in cotton candy heaven and I will miss our meetings but will always feel like part of her world.

BETSEY I LOVE YOU!!!
Thank you for sharing your light with me! 


So what's next?? Stay tuned to find out! I still have Harajuku Lovers and I've heard rumors of some exciting stuff that may be headed my way :)


This is still the coolest thing ever... Sent to me from Betsey after our last collection.

With a heavy heart, 
Celine
Your Shoe Girl

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment