Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

yield & W1L 016: Write one leaf about a song you know by heart.

I honestly don't know how people can fake two-tone tights because GOOD GOD it was uncomfortable having an entire leg and waist of tights tucked into my other pair of tights. I spent the day sitting on a wadded lump of nylon.

In other news, I was rereading The Little Prince (Katherine Woods translation) for the first time since I was six or however old I was when I first picked it up. To be totally honest, I didn't think it was a compelling story at all the first time I read it. (I also didn't much like Coraline by Neil Gaiman the first time I read it either, because it, like The Little Prince, seemed like a book written by grown-ups who wanted to understand children but had a gross misunderstanding of how children worked.)

So I was rereading The Little Prince while walking around a Korean supermarket and started crying.

I still think that neither The Little Prince nor Coraline is the kind of book that I would've fallen in love with as a child (I thought the former was just a queer little book with strange drawings and the latter was disappointing because Coraline wasn't as kick-ass as I wanted), but looking back at The Little Prince with more sorrow under my belt, it's really... lovely, the same way The Velveteen Rabbit is when you reread it as an adult.

Sweater: uncle's. Skirt: secondhand, gift. Tights: Forever21 + BP Nordstrom. Saddle shoes: Payless.

— but when one flushes does that not mean "Yes"?


I write stuff after the jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment