Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

You've been so brave.

This is what I wore to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part II. (What I wore for Part I was extremely similar to this, and both of those were extremely similar to what I wore to run around with my brother conversing in British accents looking for sticks to duel with.)


Sweater: vintage UC Berkeley merchandise from my uncle. Tie: gift from my brother. White shirt: probably a Catholic school uniform polo. Skirt: made by my grandmother. Tights: BP Nordstrom. Oxfords: Miz Mooz. Ring: secondhand, cousin's.


This was the exact day I overdid the friendship bracelet-making and gave myself tendinitis. (But I was bored! In line! For five hours! I wasn't even the first person there! Rebecca and Adam and Huitzi whom I met outside gave me Red Vines! Spenser came bearing Chipotle burritos! Shelby came wearing the best socks ever! And my scar was melting off!)


My body looks weirdly proportioned in these photos (to me). I think it was the height of the camera. Anyway.




This ring is from that giant pre-garage sale haul at my cousin's house, although one of the rhinestones has fallen off since this picture was taken.


Basically,


"You've been so brave." 



and


"Does it hurt?"


AND THEN I CRIED AND I WAS IN THE BATH. But not really, because I went home and read Coda to an Epilogue: Twenty Years Later, Or The Kids Are All Right. Which makes me want to laugh and punch things out of overwhelming affection.


Now. Time to attend to my other fandoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment