Pages

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Hugo, & W1L 001: Write one leaf about starting something new.

In February, I started a writing blog called Write, Sam, Write! Six months later, I deleted it. Its name was Hugo, and it was the textual manifestation of my Quarter-Life Crisis.

Hugo was a cutie.

And now Hugo is back, because I am not done crisis-ing, and I love Hugo, and this blog is for me. Hugo will be living here, unless I change my mind, for as long as I can stand it, or until I get so much crap for it that I never want to write again. Because part of my purpose for doing this is that I am waiting for someone to tell me that I really suck. Because I am a firm believer in failing hard. It makes you reassess why you do things.

Sorry if you are here for outfit posts. But I suspect most of you are not. But in case you are, I'll only be posting written things with outfit posts (in "after-the-cut" LJ-style jumps). They'll be tagged as "hugo." (They'll also be tagged as "wordy," but that label encompasses non-writing-prompt writing-based posts too.)

Disclaimer: I will be following the prompts at Write One Leaf, very rarely will any of these be anything beyond proofread first drafts, I am keeping some of my old W1L's for certain prompts, and I won't be enforcing my Personal Challenges until after I finish 25 W1Ls, as before. If you want an idea of what kind of writer I am, you can either read my writing or take note of the fact that I think The Sound and the Fury is extremely overrated and my favorite books include Lolita, Everything Is Illuminated, Ender's Game, Dubliners, and The Golden Compass.

(P. S. I like most feedback. "Cool story bro" or "I stopped reading after the first paragraph" are great. "You suck" is not, unless it's followed by "because the second-to-last sentence is awkwardly constructed.")

Here's an expensive necklace:

Above, Oscar de la Renta Coquellage Necklace, $545 at Neiman Marcus

And this post will be... the only exception to the outfit rule, assuming this jump works as I expect it to.

I write stuff after the jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment