Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

A Belated Things I Love: December 2010

In December I was so thankful that it filled me with wonder because I got to experience…
  • walking to class in the cold morning air
  • trying to keep Daniel awake in lecture by playing hangman with him
  • Nuri for lunch and being a crazypants who is trying to figure out this hustling and schmoozing thing, and whose first reaction to my telling him that I want to do something creative was whether or not I was writing
  • Will for his time and advice
  • Thai food, Jessie, Ching, and the architecture studio
  • unlimited texting
  • “No Way” from AVPS
  • Darren Criss and Chris Colfer’s “Baby, It’s Cold Outside”
  • Memento and Christopher Nolan, whom I would totally invite to my hypothetical college application tea party
Actually, I think I would have liked this movie a lot more had I seen it before watching Inception. But I liked it. (To be honest, I didn't like the dialogue, but whatever. The premise for the movie is still brilliant.) Plus, Guy Pearce is weirdly attractive. I think December was all about the weirdly attractive.

  • the soothing task of cooking for one
  • airport food
  • my grandma
  • AnonCon
  • my brother
  • Daniel’s linguistics course project (he did Shanghainese) and Daniel in general, especially because this semester, I will miss being in the same class as him
  • rewatching AVPM instead of studying
  • Layer Cake and Daniel Craig, UNF, YOU BIZARRELY ATTRACTIVE MAN:
See, there's Francisco Lachowski or Marlon Teixiera or any other baby-faced, god-bodied Brazilian model sexy, and then there's Daniel Craig sexy. The kind of sexy that doesn't make any sense because you want him in the bedroom, against the door, and on the kitchen table, but you want him to leave in the morning to go do sexy drug heist murderous things.

Yes, sexy drug heist murderous things.

Oh hey, Tom Hardy. Forgot about you for a minute there. Don't worry; the Tom Hardy party still rages on.
  • white cheddar Cheez-Its
  • Raptor Red by Robert T. Bakker (not least of all because it has a holographic dinosaur image on the cover)
  • brown lipstick
  • looking in awe at the incredible plum-maroon color combination in my sock drawer about to be unleashed on the world
  • Forrest Gump, which I wish I'd known wasn't just some sentimental story but actually had an interesting script and heartstring-tuggy characters
  • Pan’s Labyrinth, which I found incredible
For the costumes, the relationships depicted, the lighting, the creatures, the storyline, the characters, and the combination of fantasy and history, I'm putting Pan's Labyrinth on my Favorite Movies of All Time list.
  • Japanese food, Discount Fabrics, and moving my stuff out with my mother at the end of the semester
  • The Social Network, especially for Jesse Eisenberg’s Mark Zuckerberg, and Andrew Garfield in general (FFFUUUUU, I need to watch Never Let Me Go) but especially for the bathroom scene with Brenda Song. Oh yes. Also, the epic bromance.
  • my family
  • hospitals, doctors, and modern medicine
  • how soothing rereading Harry Potter is
  • bran muffins
  • Night Watch by Terry Pratchett
  • MEN!
Looking rather dapper there, Mr. Hedbrandh.

Rather dapper indeed.

I just like Tyler Riggs' outfit, okay?

I want to make some kind of dirty joke about matadors here... but I don't know enough about matadors, so let's just pretend this man's name is Pedro Romero and appreciate the fit of his pants, et cetera.

Marlon Teixiera's smolder is unbelievable. You've got nothing on him, Flynn Rider.

ANDREW GARFIELD IS BAMBI! Oh, don't you just want to cuddle with him and his stick-out-y ears and Jewish eyebrows? (Are there such things as Jewish eyebrows?)

I find this man so weirdly attractive.

SO. WEIRDLY. ATTRACTIVE.



Shimmy toward me, Eduardo!



When I found this GIF, I shed a tear of joy in celebration of Andrew Garfield's underwear-clad butt.



DON'T YOU JUST WANT TO COMFORT HIM IN SO MANY WAYS?



Fun fact: while searching for suitable Andrew Garfield pictures, I discovered that there is a substantial Mark/Eduardo fandom. (It was much more surprising than the Arthur/Eames fandom I found while searching for Inception pictures.) The caption for this GIF generally reads something like "I don't even know where Mark tapped Eduardo."

I take back what I said about Asian men. I will take a slice of Jae Yoo with seasonal vegetables, please.

On that Asian-men-not-being-effeminate note, LADIES:

I just think Marion Cotillard is really cute in this photo. Okay.

I don't think I'll ever get tired of Freida Pinto's face.

NATALIE. FUCKING ADORABLE. PORTMAN.

OH MY GOD SHE IS SO CUTE I JUST WANT TO EAT HER



I hope I grow up to be Natalie Portman.

And now back to the menfolk:



Ladies and gentlemen, Francisco Lachowski. You're welcome.

I would like to declare this the Holy Grail of Andrew Garfield pictures. Which reminds me of the Holy Grail of Jake Gyllenhaal photos. Yeses all around.

It's been good, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment