Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

So it begins.

Hello, world.

This is my 1500th post. It is also my first official post of 2011. See?

WOAH THIS IS SOME META SHIT YOU GUYS

I was planning on posting every single day of 2011, but that's obviously failed so far (for which I am sorry but for which I think I am not to be blamed), and I think it will continue to fail as I spiral into an abyss of embarrassingly sparse posting (or not; it depends what happens when I get back to school).

Here’s how I intend for the rest of 2011 to pan out, because after ending 2010 in a hospital waiting room, I am wary of asking for too much this year:
  • I will work on at least one script. Ten minutes or three acts, whatever happens to happen.
  • I will develop a hairstyle. It may be bad, but it may not be boring.
  • I will leave 10 thoughtful blog comments on 10 different blogs in one day.
  • I will not slouch for one day.
  • I will try Swype for at least two weeks.
  • I will hit 12,000 pageviews for some month, according to blogger’s built-in stats counter.
  • I will not buy anything because I am bored. These things are immune:
    • a tube mascara & a really good concealer (because sometimes, life asks that you look put-together, and I just threw out my shitty CoverGirl Lash Blast mascara and have never owned an appropriate concealer)
    • long-lasting, high-quality, walkable shoes (because my feet are important, and I don’t have enough shoes I’m good with walking long distances in) & short shorts (because they help my wardrobe a lot, preferably in black or gray)
    • rings (temptation about which I am not nervous because I’ve gotten so picky from putting off buying a ring for so long already)
    • And anything else that makes sense, e. g. vintage costume jewelry on the last day of an estate sale and $1 tights at H&M
  • I will undergo a 12-day internet detox (inspired by this post, from one of Gala Darling’s carousels) unless school dictates otherwise.
  • I will spend one day not picking at my cuticles.
  • I will actively seek out a place in Berkeley that I will claim as my safe harbor.
  • I will break in my Kork-Ease flats or destroy my feet trying.
Nothing immediately life-changing, nothing particularly ambitious - just achievable goals I can check off as life passes by, because I'm not sure I can handle anything grand and graspy while I feel so poorly in control of what is happening around me.

That's it. I'm out til I get back to school. But in case you forgot, sometimes I get dressed.

Plaid outerwear: Field & Stream via Costco. Plaid shirt underneath: brother's pajamas. Jeans: not... quite... sure... either F21 or Levi's. Plaid shoes: Keds.

No comments:

Post a Comment