Pages

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Google likes me- They really like me- I just wish I knew how I did it

I gotta do it. I can't help myself.



A couple of years ago I had a nice up-tick in blog traffic and after some investigation noticed that I was getting a lot of blog hits thanks to two pictures.









The lovely Linda Carter




and









The scantily clad Sigourney Weaver




Me being me, I've always tried to figure out how to replicate the success I've had with those two pictures. I've added pictures of Carrie Fisher in full Princess Leia bikini garb, but that didn't really do anything for my blog traffic. Xena in her leather bustier generated some interest, but nothing lasting.



But a few days ago my blog traffic spiked in a big way. I've gone from blog hits in the hundreds to blog hits in the thousands. Sweet! Something worked! Naturally I investigated. And do you know what did it? Was it a spandex wearing Linda Grey? Tricia Helfer wearing her famously sheer red dress?



Nope. It's mainly this guy.







Though these guys are getting a fair amount of attention too.







So what's the lesson here?



I have no idea. But I'm not going to complain.



**Update**



Apparently Facebook has a meme that involves swapping out your normal profile picture with a picture of a favorite cartoon. So I guess the lesson here is that we'd all get really good traffic if we could figure out how to anticipate the next trend on Facebook. Something tells me I will never succeed at doing that on purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment