Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

It's Christmas Baking Day!

Oh yeah! I look forward to this every year.



Who doesn't love Christmas cookies? I make them right before Christmas to give to family members when I see them Christmas day. Fun fattening stuff.



This year I'm keeping the list small. Hubby and I have managed to lose all of our extra blubber this year (thank you Weight Watchers) and neither one of us wants to gain any weight back. So my list is about half as long as usual. Here's what I decided would make this list this year.



Pistachio White Chocolate Cookies







I usually make the macadamia/white chocolate variety, but my husband looooves pistachios, so I'm going for something different this year.



Candy Cane Cookies **Sugar Cookie Recipe**





I tweak the sugar cookie recipe I have linked here, add some peppermint flavoring and roll them into candy canes and they come out awesome every year. They have become a family staple.



Chocolate Peppermint Cookies





I tried these at a party and the chocolate/peppermint combo is to die for.



Chocolate chip BACON cookies.





Sounds insane-- I know. But they are so freaking good. I made these a few weeks ago and everyone who tried one wanted more. I've had many requests to add these to my Christmas list.



Peanut Butter Blossoms





My daughter specifically requested these-- so onto the list they go.



If I don't write another post soon, it's because I'm in a sugar coma.

No comments:

Post a Comment