Pages

Friday, December 31, 2010

some makeup, and #reverb10, December 16 - 18

So a little while ago, I bought some Revlon Just Bitten lip stain and a white-silver Revlon eyeliner.

The eyeliner's not bad at all, but it made me realize that the kind of gold eyeliner I need for Chanel S/S '07 eyes needs to be yellow-gold, not dirty-gold. As for the lip stain, I thought it was awesome at first, because the color didn't budge at all, not even on a stick of white lip balm after several bowls of soup, and the color was excellent and potentially both vampy and childishly lollipop-bright.

Then I tried it a second time, but I had to use makeup remover to get the application even, which is gross, and then my lips started burning and part of my lower lip got swollen, so I decided to keep it only for the balm end (which is really nice, by the way).

[EDIT: For my own clarification, my lips actually started burning when I put the lip stain on, so I tried to take it off with makeup remover. So it wasn't the makeup remover that made my lip swell up.]

So I gave up on lip stain.

To make up (makeup!) for my newfound inability to wear that deceitfully promising form of lip color, and because I was feeling very 90s, I bought the cheapest brown lipstick I could find, Wet 'n' Wild's 506B:

And then I looked like this:

And I declared myself sufficiently 90s.

Some more late #reverb10 prompts after the jump.
I write stuff after the jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment