Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

nard and saffron & W1L 033: Write one leaf in which you answer a question incorrectly.

I guess I don't know how to wear neutrals yet because I always ruin the effect with an inappropriate shot of color.


Cue lavender socks.




Today I was reading the Song of Solomon for the first time ever for one of my classes, and I got totally sucked in even though I was barely following the content. The translation was just so rhythmically pretty.


Also lavender the herb used to be called nardus in ancient Greek. #hellarelevant



Your lips drop sweetness as the honeycomb, my bride;
milk and honey are under your tongue.
The fragrance of your garments is like that of Lebanon.
You are a garden locked up, my sister, my bride;
you are a spring enclosed, a sealed fountain.
Your plants are an orchard of pomegranates
with choice fruits,
with henna and nard,
nard and saffron,
calamus and cinnamon,
with every kind of incense tree,
with myrrh and aloes
and all the finest spices.









omg my facial expression. why am i allowed to have a blog





Sweater: grandmother's. Skirt: secondhand, gift. Tights: generic. Socks: Nordstrom. Shoes: Miz Mooz.


This is the last Write One Leaf I have prepared, so if you've been reading along, you can, I don't know, weep and tear out your hair in anguish. If you haven't, you could toss a virgin into a volcano and drink honeyed milk in celebration or something. Y'know. If you're into that.



I write stuff after the jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment