Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

promises, promises

I feel like I lure people onto my blog under the false pretense that this is a fashion/style blog just because I post pictures of myself wearing clothes. (As opposed to pictures of kittens, not as opposed to pictures of myself not wearing clothes, although I guess that wouldn't be a very compelling fashion blog either.)


To prove my point, here is another list of lists (so meta!): ← unintentional sadface


Names of WiFi networks within range of my apartment building:
  • hide yo kids hide yo wifi
  • pretty fly for a wifi
  • Ralph's Stupendous Network
  • notwork
A smattering of unrelated statements
  • I am almost at the very last of my Write One Leafs (Leaves?), and I haven't made progress on the next prompt, so I won't be posting any for a while.
  • I do have a script from Script Frenzy that I'm going to post, though. Six months late.
  • Target brand Up & Up floss is awful. It's so thin, it's like trying to floss while gripping a piece of hair.
  • Humid weather does great things for my hair.
Current style direction (aspirational)
  • Gibson tucks with vintage hair combs
  • heinous jumpers (a la Arthur Darvill, Matt Smith, Martin Freeman)
  • peacocks, stags, and whales as clothing motifs
  • Saltwater Sandals (or sandals of that ilk) with socks
  • multicolor striped metallic sweaters
  • Creatures-of-the-Deep-colored hair
  • gloves (knit fingerless, leather motorcycle)
  • pants (cords, denim, twill?) in black, forest green, deep fuchsia, bright violet, gray, rust, indigo-blue
    Current style direction (involuntary)
    Really into
    • tai chi
    • ginger everything
    • Justin Bieber's un/broken voice
    • prunes
    Consuming
    • Pride and Prejudice (very slowly, on a Kindle)
    • Downton Abbey (FLAWLESS SHOW IS FLAWLESS! You must try at least one episode!)
    • Commentarius, only because Chandler read it, and he is probably my favorite Lily/James shipper on the internet. (OKAY AND I MIGHT HAVE AN INTERNET CRUSH ON HIM BECAUSE I ASSOCIATE HIM WITH JAMES POTTER.) (Okay, and the writing style makes me want to wince because it's in diary form, but I'm pretty sure my 17-year-old diarying wasn't very mature either.)

      (Oh look, I can actually excerpt my 17-year-old diary: 
      okay after freeze tag i ended up with a scrape on my left elbow and a bruise there, and a bruise on my hip somewhere, a HUGE bruise on my left knee, and a smaller bruise on my right knee.  the left knee bruise hurts like CRAZY.
      HOW RIVETING, YOUNG SAM!)
    • The 13 ½ Lives of Captain Bluebear, reread
    • A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius, excruciatingly slow reread
    • The Golden Compass and The Fox and the Hound in 10-minute installments

    Seeking
    • more natural toothpaste, menstrual pads, deodorant, shampoo, and conditioner
    Fictional places I would like to visit
    • the Battle School in Ender's Game
    • John Watson's closet, 221B Baker Street (Martin Freeman's version)
    • Downton Abbey, but only if I were white
    • ISIS headquarters
    • the TARDIS
    • The Shire
    • Lyra's Jordan College
    • Dictionopolis
    • Cher Horowitz's closet
    • Ariadne, Arthur, or Eames's dreams
    • The Ministry of Magic's Department of Mysteries
    • The Ministry of Magic's Auror Office
    • Malfoy Manor
    • The Burrow
    • Diagon Alley
    • Hogwarts
    • Pigfarts

    HOGWARTS PIGFARTS IS OUR HOME.








    Jacket: mother's. T-shirt: probably brother's + DIY silkscreen. Jeans: Uniqlo. Shoes: Keds. Rings: Forever21 and Rapunzelsgold on etsy.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment