Pages

Saturday, October 8, 2011

pretty amazing & W1L 032: Write one leaf about your favorite job.

We're doing body image projects in my class on female sexuality right now, and I presented mine last night. I may or may not end up turning it into a post (because, hey, I love talking about myself), but this is a mini-snippet that pretty much sums up my outlook on looks:


"being pretty is a game"

(One that bloggers know how to play.)

There are a lot of things I've wanted to be before - a window display designer, more athletic, a member of the Lord of the Rings cast, and astronaut, a stewardess, a man - but I've never spent much of my time wanting to be pretty, because I feel like once you're pretty, you can never be anything else, and I don't want to be Just Pretty. I want to have the option of being elegant, sexy, stunning, supermegafoxyawesomehot, scary, bizarre, homely, unassuming, cute, whatever I want, whenever I want. I don't want to be Just Pretty.

As long as the video for "Baby" by Justin Bieber (whose target audience is also young girls) has more views than this one, I won't feel redundant in posting Katie Makkai's slam poetry about the word pretty:




I will take Pretty Amazing, though.







Sweater: uncle's. Skirt: American Apparel, secondhand, gift. Tights: generic. Oxfords: Payless. Ring: Rapunzelsgold on Etsy.

I write stuff after the jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment