Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday

Waiting on Wednesday is a book meme hosted by Jill over at Breaking the Spine.



I'm going out on a limb for this weeks WoW because I'm not sure I have the proper synopsis for my book and the publication date isn't until April 3, 2012. But the cover for this book was just released last month (I just discovered this fact) and it has me all excited for the next book in this most excellent series. So-- this weeks can't wait to read selection is:



Sworn in Steel: A Tale of the Kin by Douglas Hulick

Roc, April 3, 2012

432 pages



Second book in an action-packed edgy fantasy series about thieves

It's been three months since Drothe killed a legend, burned down a portion of the imperial capital, and found himself unexpectedly elevated into the ranks of the criminal elite. Now, as the newest Gray Prince in the underworld, he's learning just how good he used to have it.




With barely the beginnings of an organization to his name, Drothe is already being called out by other Gray Princes. And to make matters worse, when one up and dies on him, all signs point to Drothe as being the hand behind the knife. As members of the Kin begin choosing sides - mostly against him - for what looks to be another impending war in the streets, Drothe is approached by a man. A man who not only has the solution to Drothe's most pressing problem, but also an offer that's hard for the new Prince to refuse: an offer of redemption. The only problem is, the offer isn't for him.




Now Drothe finds himself on the way to the Despotate of Djan, the empire's long-standing enemy, with 


\an offer to make and a price on his head. And the grains of sand in the hour glass are running out fast 





"Among Thieves" was one of my favorite books this year,  I'm so excited to see the sequel in all its incomplete glory. If I come across anything I need to correct, I'll be sure to add it to the post.

No comments:

Post a Comment