Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

jellyfish & W1L 025: Write one leaf about the last day of the month.

On the morning that I wore this outfit, I was almost late to class because I was reading The Shoebox Project.

Jacket: mother's, H&M. Polo shirt: brother's, American Eagle. Shorts: mother's + scissors. Tights: gift. Black and white oxfords: Miz Mooz. Rings: Rapunzelsgold on etsy and Forever21.

Yes, I am that kind of Harry Potter fan.*

And I am going to openly admit that
  1. I have read a horrific amount of fanfiction in my time, and

  2. a lot of fanfiction is horrifically bad (one needs only to be aware of the existence of the pairing that is Dumbledore/Giant Squid), and

  3. it's kind of unfortunate that (in my experience) most well-written fanfiction is slashy (e. g. Shoebox (although admittedly it seems like the majority of HP fanfiction is slash, and it seems natural that the largest faction of the fandom would churn out the most quality fics)), but only because

  4. slash fanfiction has a Reputation, but anyway, the point is that

  5. reading SBP provided me with an official headcanon for young!James and young!Lily and it is beautiful and full of really sad funerals and jellyfish. I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN.
(*Actually, if I were that kind of Harry Potter fan, it wouldn't have been my first time reading Shoebox. Although, hey, I've read all 2605 pages of Maya's fanfiction, so JUDGE ME I DARE YOU.)

I write stuff after the jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment