Pages

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

stardust & W1L 031: Write one leaf in which you invent a word.

For some reason, this outfit makes me feel like an ancient space explorer.




Sweater: uncle's. Dress: Target. Leggings: American Apparel, secondhand, gift. Socks: maybe Nordstrom. Plaid shoes: Keds.


I think it's the combination of the pattern on my sweater (which I'm aware is more like
"botched argyle coloring-book 
Easter-egg" than "ancient Mayan/Aztec/Egyptian artwork") with the semi-shiny leggings (which are totally "Supernova Girl"/Zenon don't deny).








Or maybe it's because I was watching Ancient Aliens with my brother recently.




Architectural lines! Geometric shapes on my sweater! It makes sense in my head!


Or maybe it's because of Eleven.



"An ancient creature drenched in the blood of the innocent, drifting in space through an endless, shifting maze. For such a creature, death would be a gift." - Doctor Who, "The God Complex" (6.11)




Oh! Maybe I'm channeling the inscriptions on the Pandorica. #highfashion

In any case, this is a great excuse to include some NASA photos. Which I think you will agree are appropriate in any post because SPACE IS STUNNING. COME REVEL IN YOUR INSIGNIFICANCE!








P. S. If you have a name, an email address, and the ability to comment, come enter my $100 Shopbop giveaway! (It closes Sunday).


P. P. S. I guess it's fortunate that I have an enormous backlog of outfit photos, because I've only documented like 2% of my outfits from the past 4 months. I'm supposed to wear pants for my theater classes, and I have a strange schedule on my non-theater days (classes in the middle of the day and then at night, with a huge gap in between), so it's been the summer of 61A all over again and I've been rotating 2 pairs of jeans and like 10 t-shirts, which are definitely not worth photographing.


I write stuff after the jump.

No comments:

Post a Comment