Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2011


It's that time of year again! Time to spend all our hard earned cash on the ones we love ;) I've pulled together a few of my favorite things to help inspire the spirit of Santa in you!







These great gift sets of Nars polish paired with Marc Jacobs fingerless cashmere gloves are great for your favorite frosty fashionista. $52 per set

I'm obsessed with this ring! $52 from Spring Street Design Anyone who loves Rachel Zoe will love this ring. It's a take on the Cartier ring she wears. Hers will set you back $15,000. I die.


This one in diamonds is amazing. And so expensive I couldn't find the price!



 For those of us on planet Earth...
Represent your favorite state! $130- $335 from Maya Brenner


My sister got me this "bi-costal" necklace a few years ago when I was working with Betsey Johnson and traveling back and forth to New York. I love it's quirky cuteness.


These beautiful jewel boxes look much more expensive than they really are. $34.95 from Z Gallerie



 I'm a sucker for fabulous candles! Voluspa makes my very favorite scents and they are just as beautiful as they smell.



Give the gift of bubbly champagne. Sofia Coppola's Blanc de Blanc is both beautiful and delicious




My favorite holiday indulgence! Delicious hot chocolate from Williams Sonoma

Check out YesCustom.com for customizable... well, anything! Bags, T's, iPone cases, Watches... you name it. I made my own iPhone case for only $8.99


I saw these all over New York during Fashion Week and love them. Especially the fluorescents! Great for work or as an everyday bag. Get that PS1 look without the crazy price tag ;)
From Cambrigde Satchel Co starting at $115



 Now this is a splurge, but SO worth it! 
Temptu is an airbrush makeup system thats quick and easy to use and leaves your skin looking fresh and dewy. I absolutely love mine! $225 at Sephora





One of my favorite ways to give gifts is to make thoughtful gift baskets. You can buy them pre-made like the one above but I think it's way more fun to make your own! 

Think about the things that your friend or loved one loves. Making your own movie gift basket (like the one above) is great for almost anyone. 

You can get as personal as you want. If I were making a gift basket for myself or a girly friend with taste similar to mine I might make something like this....

I'd start with a pretty hat box or white basket.
I'd line the basket with a soft luxurious throw.
(This one from Target is only $34 but you can get as fancy as you want)


Then I'd fill it with pretty color coordinated items that I love.


Girly champagne in pink cellophane. 


Voluspa Pink Citron candle. 
I love this candle because once it's all burned down you can use the pretty ceramic container as a decorative holder for your makeup brushes!

Add a couple of super cute plastic champagne flutes to go with the bubbly



And a super girly flick to complete the theme. You've got a girls night in a basket! 

One tip I have for what NOT to give is this. If someone is really into something like golf or, oh I don't know, shoes... don't go for the obvious. My dad has tons of crap like this on his desk and I know he just keeps it cause he feels guilty.


Be creative! And not so obvious. ;) In other words don't buy this crap...





People that make shoe gifts usually make ugly shoe gifts. Would you wear a shoe that looked like that? 


No matter what gifts you give, remember the presentation. A beautiful gift wrapping job can make any gift even more special. Check out MarthaStewart.com for some super cute wrapping ideas





 Happy Holidays!!



XOX,


No comments:

Post a Comment