Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

have a little priest (and... I believe in Sherlock Holmes)

Okay, so.


I'm done with #reverb11, and I don't have any Write One Leaf prompts to post, but here's an outfit I wore for the sake of trying to look terrifying and neo-Victorian (or like Tim Burton's Mrs. Lovett or something).



I'm not sure I succeeded, but it was a lot of fun because I felt terrifying.




Here's a lot of photos of me trying to look like I might bake someone into a pie.







I wish I'd had really light face powder so I could've made myself really pasty, but I never use powder and my mom's makeup is too dark for my skin color.

Also I wish I could've gotten the circles under my eyes to be more gray because I wanted to look kind of like a zombie.





Cue fingerless gloves: a style preoccupation I blame entirely on Andrew Garfield in The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus.




Outerwear: mother's. Black top: probably Target. Vest: Esprit sample sale.  Fingerless gloves: generic + scissors. Skirt: cousin's, hand-me-down. Tights: probably Hot Topic. Oxfords: delia's.


(...And if you're here for my writing, I'm really sorry I won't have anything new for a while. I'm really preoccupied with writing fanfiction for BBC's Sherlock. No, I have never written fanfiction before, not even for Harry Potter, which is by default my biggest, oldest, and most heart-wrenchingest fandom. But something about the Best Friends aspect of John Watson and Sherlock Holmes absolutely breaks my heart, and I just want to play with all the little moments in 221B Baker Street that we don't get to see on film.)


(Oh, and in case you couldn't tell from the fact that I am writing fanfiction for it Mayday Mayday send help, I recommend Sherlock really, really hard. Especially if you like your television fast-paced, your plots clever and twisty, your leading men aloof and alien/lovable and clad in heinous jumpers, and your dialogue in a British accent.)


(To further convince you, here's a peppy!Sherlock fanvideo that is a totally inaccurate representation of what the show is like:



Fandom can, of course, be cringe-worthy, or it can be a beautiful way to bring people together. At times, the BBC Sherlock fandom is the most frightening and/or embarrassing fandom I have ever willingly taken part in (I blame Steven Moffat for thinking that a nighttime shot of John looking up with admiration at Sherlock on a rooftop with the wind blowing through his hair silhouetted against the full moon was a good shot), but I love this video SO MUCH that I claim this blog in the name of BBC Sherlock.)


(P. S. I believe in Sherlock Holmes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment