Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

she was just me mom



I wore this to watch Billy Elliot at the Orpheum. (In July.)



Wow, I look really stiff when other people take my photos. You can even see my smile not reaching my eyes! And usually I find it easy to voluntarily smize without smiling.

...This is why I own the cheapest tripod on Amazon.


(Lex Ishimoto was Billy the night I went. He was phenomenal. I didn't even care for the musical itself all that much (although I do love the movie), but Lex and whoever played his Michael made me all weepy. I think I just like seeing people doing what they love and doing it really well.)


This is one of those outfits that's comprised of individual items I really like but that didn't come together very well. But! On the plus side, I was really comfortable.







Black velvet t-shirt: The Limited, thrifted. Sweater: aunt's, hand-me-down. Pants: aunt's, hand-me-down. Oxfords: Miz Mooz. Socks: probably Target.


Ha-ha. I knew this was coming when I was watching the musical because I'd seen the movie beforehand, but I wasn't expecting to cry as much as I did. But I cry easily.

BUT HOW CAN YOU NOT GET A LITTLE EMOTIONAL ABOUT A BOY SAYING "LOVE YOU FOREVER" TO HIS MUM, ESPECIALLY IN A HARD-TO-PLACE NORTHERN ENGLISH ACCENT. # maybe this is why i have a linguistics degree


You know how sometimes when you watch really talented people, it inspires you to go make cool things or do great work, and sometimes it just makes you feel like a total failure?

Yeah, I give up.

(Just kidding. This is definitely one of those things that make me want to Do Great Things. As opposed to The Social Network, which just makes me want to lie on the ground and give up. SPARKS INSIDE OF MEEEEE!)

No comments:

Post a Comment