Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

you're not mating with me, sunshine

Here's what I wore to my brother's graduation ceremony, which was... ages ago.



Fashion bloggers, listen up: this pose is going to be the next big thing. I call it the Anatomically Incorrect Sixth Grade Pregnancy Test.


It was my first time wearing this dress (aside from that time I put it on just for blog photos and had really ashy knees).


(Not that my knees were any less ashy this time. I just put tights over them.)

I like how my undereye circles make it easy to see exactly where my cheeks scrunch up over my eyes when I smile really hard. Like this: 




I don't get how people wear body-con dresses without getting lines all over the place. Like, can you wear anything underneath that won't show? The waistline of my tights was bulging out, and tights are, like, skin-tight.

Also, I hate bras with plasticky transparent straps. Like the one I'm wearing. I blame my mom for insisting that I wear this outfit and not the frumpy skirt-and-blouse combo I originally wanted to wear.

Also my face is like 15 shades darker than the rest of my body. Which I blame on Berkeley, because at least I was uniformly pasty before college.


I'm actually quite displeased with how cheap this lace looks, which is one of many reasons why I never wear this.


But these are my favorite heels, so they made up for it. (Possibly related fact: these are also my most comfortable heels.)



Black lace-sleeved bodycon dress: H&M. Blue tights: Forever21. Heels: Payless. THIS IS A BLOG ABOUT HIGH FASHION.


An observation that you care about: wearing this made me really uncomfortable. I think this exchange from Doctor Who, Series 4 sums it up well:

DOCTOR: I just want a mate.
DONNA: You just want to mate?! 
DOCTOR : I just want a mate!
DONNA : You're not mating with me, sunshine!
DOCTOR : A mate! I want a mate!

Another thing you care about: I would tell you what my new URL is going to be, but I haven't got the layout set up properly yet and haven't felt like stewing in CSS to fix it up, so I guess it will have to wait.


This is a ring I want.




No comments:

Post a Comment