Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

points of interest

I wore this in July to watch Super 8 and welcome into my arms the $20 worth of Neutrogena Norwegian Formula lip balm I ordered on Amazon.



I don't have much to say about this except that I felt vaguely patriotic because of my blue-and-white striped shorts and my red-and-white socks.




I should probably mention that my socks didn't come like this; I busted holes in the heels of both socks and then patched them with pieces of a red sock. (Socks made of socks. So meta!)



Jacket: Esprit, mother's. Shorts: hand-me-down, aunt's. Tights: generic. Socks: I have no idea. Shoes: Miz Mooz.


The text of this post is boring, so here is a list of unrelated things rendered marginally more interesting by their introductory bullet points:
  • I was supposed to go home after this past long weekend in SoCal at my cousins', but, well, I was left behind to save room in the car, so I won't be home until this weekend.
  • As a result of only expecting to stay the weekend, I didn't pack a lot of clothes, so I'm currently living out of my cousin's closet.
  • I've realized that I really, really, really like Tangled.
  • I've been listening to The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes on audiobook and just finished "The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle." To be honest, I don't think I'll ever sit down and read Sir Arthur Conan Doyle (I've tried; I fell asleep), so if this is the only way I'll consume canon!Holmes, it'll have to do.
  • I am drowning in fashion week coverage for my internship. (This sounds more impressive than it actually is. What it actually is is me sitting with my audiobook playing while scrolling through Style.com for appropriate images.)
  • (The inspiration/execution at Giles was amazing. The colors and textures at Erdem made me clutch at my heart. Marchesa made me want to throw myself on the ground and weep (what else is new). Ralph Lauren combined with Oscar de la Renta would be my dream wardrobe. And Jason Wu, Rag & Bone, and Burberry Prorsum had gorgeous makeup.)

Here's a picture from Erdem that I stole off style.com to break up the text.

I don't know why looking at this is making me emotional.
  • NYFW makes me want to be rich and thin. London Fashion Week makes me want to stand in my closet for hours and plan outfits.
  • My BBC Sherlock fanfiction is at 11,000+ words. I don't know how this happened, and I'm slightly terrified that I might be butchering everything that is wonderful about the show, but I can't even be embarrassed because I like these characters too much to not try playing with them.
  • I have fallen in love with Cabin Pressure.
  • I went fragrance shopping with my brother today, and to our great mutual surprise, Burberry Brit (for men) dried down really nicely on him, so it's going to be his new scent. (I'm a monogamous Burberry London (for women) user myself, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised that we both smell good in Burberry? I don't know.)
  • I'm currently wearing a Tinkerbell sweatshirt while sprawled on a Beauty and the Beast bedspread with a Flintstones pillow behind me.
  • My tendinitis is flaring up.

No comments:

Post a Comment